February 3, 2008

President Hinckley's Viewing

I grew up loving President Hinckley mainly because my mother always said if your Grandfather (her dad-who passed away when she was 21) were still alive that is exactly what he would have looked like. So when ever I saw him I thought of my Grandpa who I would one day meet. And the funniest thing happened when Logan was born, while in the NICU all the nurses thought he looked like the prophet so they would take pictures of him-I still have a poloroid they gave me. Logan had his new hair with a receiding hair line, a cute little face and they added some glasses...it looked like the Prophet or as my mom said her father.
I kept hearing on Thurday that the line for the viewing was only 45 mins to 1 hour 15 so I thought I can do that! So Paul and I went at 3:30 pm on Friday and waited as time slowly crawled by. It was finally 7:30 when we moved from the main conference area to upstairs. We were walking in the Hall of Prophets and all of a sudden it was so reverent and peaceful. We get to the end room and there was President Hickley with the cutest grin on his face. Just looking at him you knew he completed his assignment here on earth above and beyond-he was such an amazing Prophet. I only can think how excited he was to see his wife on the other side-can you imagine the embrace. I received a poem on one of my emails that I thought was sweet.

Prophetic Passing

I imagine he’s running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service
That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, “Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome
My noble, most excellent son.”

I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception’s just fine,
But he hopes that he’ll get an assignment or two
Since there’s no need to waste any time.

I hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward – there’s work to be done.
President Hinckley would want it that way.

Anna M. Molgard
January 27, 2008

1 comment:

brit.brat said...

that's a sweet poem. SOOO cute how he had a little smirk. i remember your poleroid of baby logan. so cute. i wonder what he'll look like when He's 60. ha.