April 1, 2008

Crane Expo in Vegas

Week of March 15. This big event takes place every 3 years in the U.S. the other years it is in Asia and Europe so we were so excited to find out it would be in Vegas. We booked our hotels a year in advance-talk about planning (so unlike the Belchers) and here we are amidst this crazy convention. The machines were gigantic and we have one of our new cranes displayed-we were so proud. I was so lucky that I got to entertain the Wennsheimers our good friends from Michigan so I got to have all the fun-day spa, shopping and the Beatles "Love" show which was amazing.

Vendors who wanted our business took us out so we never had to pay for a meal-the first night I came to town was Wednesday and we went to the Wynn's upidy Tableau resturant for dinner. I had some surf and turf and then the coolest dessert ever-a sampling of pies-I thought it was so cool because they came out as mini pies. Then the next night we had Benihana's and I feel like I should become a vegetarian because I don't think I can eat another steak. But of course when we go to a famous Steak House the next night what do I order but another Filet-yikes! So that night I wasn't feeling so hot or at least the little baby in my belly was like WHAT ARE YOU EATING??? So many rich flavors and sauces...it got to me and I was down for the count Friday night and all of Saturday-so I flew home instead of driving home with Paul. My doctor said it was all the unusual food I had been eating-oops. Besides the bad ending we had a fabulous time-I missed out on seeing everyone on Saturday (we had booked out a flight from Salt Lake to Vegas with employees and customers to go for the day-)we all had matching shirts and all.

No comments: