August 5, 2008

Check out my Loot!!!

Sale + Coupons = Food Storage

I get excited when good deals come along and this one was awesome. Smith's Grocery sale was ending tomorrow and the mail in rebates started today so I had a one day window. I figured since I do not sleep well these days I would beat any rush and go at Midnight-I'm pregnant and pretty much crazy. Here's the rundown on my savings- the 84 items would have been $271.15 but with the sale and my coupons it came to $58.15 but that's not all I have 7 mail in rebates each for $10 so after all is said and done I will make $11.85 minus the cost of stamps. They paid me to take their food I love it.
We will have the stake canning machine in August so I have heard of people canning their cereal in the #10 cans and the cereal was still good after 6 years-so I figure it couldn't hurt to try.
I learned about coupons from Marilyn Hawk with Coupon Sense which was fabulous and once I got it down I have been using PinchingYourPennies.com

12 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Ok - I am not a coupon pro like you - fill me in on how you got started and who this Marilyn person is. I need food storage! :) ha ha

Higbee said...

Courntey you are an animal! Way to go on the loot! and you look Hot by the way I wish I looked as good as you do when you are that far along. I still have 12 weeks and I look like you right now! Keep up the good spirits! ;-)
Carrie

Phipps Family said...

You're one of the few women in the world who look so beautiful pregnant. Lucky you. I cannot believe how well you did getting all that food. I am impressed. Love the pictures of the girls with Logan. Can't wait for Porter to get to play with Parker!

Kacey said...

Way to go girl! I am very impressed by your savvy shopping. I need to check out your resource. You look beautiful too!

{Brittany} said...

Hello...why didn't you call me?! That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen and you're getting paid for it. What the?! I've tried coupons, but I just don't have the patience. Please, fill me in!!

Kelly said...

Look at you! Teach me how please. You look so cute by the way. When is this baby coming?

Natalie Que said...

Hey Courtney, have you seen my sister's site? She is WAY, WAY into this and very smart and organized about it. Her blog gets over 1000 hits PER DAY, and she only started it like a month or 6 weeks ago.

Congrats one the haul, you guys will be nice and stocked up.

Hope that bebe gets hurr soon! I'll keep checking back to see if he's here. I'm so excited for you!

JR said...

N-I-C-E!!
I just learned about pinching your pennies. Did you sign up for all the different companys to send you emails? I've got to figure this thing out!!
Way to score!!!

Aubrey Leong said...

You are a coupon pro. I am seriously impressed! Please, I would love to find out how you did this! Email me if you can and fill me in! robreyleon@yahoo.com

Dartay said...

Wow! That is impressive!! Nice work! I caught a glimpse of you at church yesterday, you must be going over the due date?! Good luck!!!

Tam said...

Wow, you totally scored! I am going to have to find out how you do the coupon thing! By the way Congrats! So glad Porter's finally here, can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

You blow me away!! I have tried the coupon thing, but the coupons I get are things I would not buy, and I have yet to see a rebate coupon. Way to go!!

I hope all is well with your new little one...congrats.