February 10, 2009

Blue & Gold Banquet


As my sister says.."the party starts with the invite!!!"


It folded down on itself and had an insert for Parent and Scout assignments. And a shout out to Cheryl (Paul's mom who owns her own printing company) who supplied me with all the materials free of charge.


I am on the committee for the cub scouts at church (over special events aka party planner-yeah for me!) This years theme was the American A, B, C's so I decided to go with the idea of a Round Up Theme. And mention many places in the U.S. that start with different letters. The planning all started with the invite and fabric and then I was off to the races. Think denim, burlap and handkerchiefs.


Planning for cub scouts rather than Enrichment was kind of hard but my friend Sara kept reminding me "its okay its Scouts you don't have to iron the tablecloths or eat on real dishes." She brought me to my senses and it turned out quite fun.



We had 5 different chilies, baked potatoes, side dishes and yummy American Desserts (apple pie, cobbler etc.)

I had one display of locations the scouts had been along with their pictures and souvenirs.Posted by Picasa
I thought it went well almost 80 people came.

2 comments:

brit.brat said...

wow court!!! invites turned out cute.
where in the heck did you find that awesome rope!! the chunky stuff. turned out cute.they're lucky to have you.

Hawk Family said...

Everything turned out good, I am glad you posted some pictures so I can show Dusty!! It was a fun night and everyone was so impressed!! A job well done.