November 18, 2007

Carmel Apples...Yummy




I'm Enrichment Leader for our Ward and I love it!!! We just had our November Enrichment and we had a Nordstrom personal shopper come and she gave us lessons on how to dress for our body type and she also gave advice on upcoming fashions. It was a nice Enrichment because the speaker took up most of the time so I focused my efforts on refreshments...thats were the carmel apples come into play. I tried a few recipes but all the carmel wanted to come off so I revamped my plan and unwrapped over 300 carmels. My friend Susie and I stayed up pretty late and dipped the apples into the carmel. The next day we dipped them into chocolate and then into different toppings-oreo, toffee, peanuts and reeses peanutbuttercups (we did about 45 of them).


Paul was in charge of watching Logan that night so he ordered Logan's most favorite thing CHEESE PIZZA. Before I left I had to get a picture of Logan 2 handing it!!!

2 comments:

Shelf said...

The carmel apples look great! How many recipes did you end up trying before you found the one that worked best?

Shelf said...

I should have read the blog before I sent my comment. Great idea to just melt already made carmels. Quick & easy...I like it!