May 5, 2008

Baby Shower

My friend Tammy and I threw a Baby Shower for our friend Carrie this past Saturday and we had a good time planning, decorating and making food. The shower was a fun gathering filled with food and friends. I had been wanting to make one of those fabric banners I had been seeing on websites and at boutiques so I finally had an excuse to do so:

Some of the grub:
You all need to check out my sister's blog she is the Queen of entertaining: http://www.mostlikelylate.blogspot.com/ or http://www.dwelling6.blogspot.com/
I tried to make my sisters lemonade but I forgot to brew the basil leaves-but it still tasted good!
Party favors: Motherhood Survival Kits
Sorry there are no people in the pictures-I didn't get the group picture on this camera and the pictures I did get were not the most flattering of us pregnant ladies. (i'm now 6 months prego)

6 comments:

Phipps Family said...

I could kiss you for not posting pictures of me from the shower. 8 months pregnant is just not a flattering look for me. Thanks again for the wonderful shower, you did a great job.

debbie rowley said...

Everything looks so perfect! Nice job! I am throwing a baby shower in a couple weeks for a friend so I think I will have to steal some of your ideas!

Kacey said...

What a fun shower! I love the banner you made.

brit.brat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brit.brat said...

it turned out SO cute!! so much work!!? that veggie basket? holy cow..how many hours lady! the flags are dang cute.love the fabric you used..and the different sizes of flags are a cute idea.

ps. its ..bruising.. the leaves. not brewing. ha. sorry.sounds the same. oh. i sliced the basil really fine..so you actually have strips of basil in your drink...
looks good!can i come up for your parties..?the food looks so yummy.

megan said...

way cute shower!! You always do a really good job with parties and such. I love looking at your ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!!