September 14, 2009

Visiting the Cemetary

As kids my mom always took us to the cemetary to leave flowers for her dad aka Grandpa Jerry who I never met. So it only felt right to take my kids when we were in Fullerton, CA.

My mom had a really neat experience with Logan when he was really little- she had a picture of Grandma Corky and Logan went up to it saying her name (and none of us had told him at that point) and said "I know her." And its cute because ever since then he talks about her as if he really knew her (she passed away of Ovarian Cancer when I was 17).

Its amazing what strong feelings come back when I think of my Grandma she was a fantastic hard working woman. And whenever she burnt or dropped something she would say the "s"word and to this day it still makes me laugh.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: