October 22, 2007

I can SEE!!!

So last Thursday I went into the eye doctor and 12 minutes later my vision was fixed. I can not believe how amazing and advanced technology has become. I got glasses in 6th grade to help with seeing the board and such and my eyes didn't get much worse until I hit college. So for Mother's Day a year a half ago Paul gave me the Lasik "coupon" (meaning go and get it done) and of course I got so busy I put if off. Until now...I went in on Tuesday for a consultation and Thursday I got my eyes fixed. They gave me numbing drops, had me look at a light, my vision went black, they created a flap on the front of my eye, flattened my cornea and then they were done. I am so thrilled. I went to Davis Vision Center in South Jordan-Dr. Davis has done over 18,000 procedures, see if you can follow this...he does 8 to 20 procedures each Thursday each one taking 10-15 minutes, at $2,000 to $5,000 a procedure-yeah I would recommend becoming an eye doctor.

6 comments:

debbie rowley said...

I am seriously considering eye surgery.. I am just SO nervous about it though! Glad to hear it went so well for you!

{Brittany} said...

Congratulations! Tim is dying to get the surgery done. He will be so jealous.

megan said...

Brave woman! Christian wants us both to get it done someday but I have a eye phobia...just reading your entry kind of made me sick...that whole cutting the eye thing...eww. I am so glad that you were brave and that it went so well! Congrats!

Kacey said...

I am so jealous! Someday.....
Congrats!

Jocee Bergeson said...

That is awesome. I think Brick should get it done!!

Brick said...

Hey, what is Pauls' email address? I ran across a project that he should keep an eye on for possible crane business.