December 30, 2007

Charlie Brown Christmas


We were a bit pathetic this year with the Christmas Spirit...or maybe just Christmas organization. I threw out my artifical tree last year in hopes to start getting a real tree but what of course happens we wait for the last minute and couldn't find a Christmas tree lot. Until...it was Christmas Eve and we were up in Park City at Paul's dads house celebrating together. They hadn't decorated their freshly cut tree so they offered their tree to us but I only wanted a mini one for Logan so we cut the top 3 feet off of it and brought it home. Paul configured a stand for it, decorated with ribbon and lights and placed a angel Moroni statue on top-ta da we had a tree. We stayed up late wrapping presents for Logan- he really didn't need any more toys but he finally got the concept of opening presents and he loves it. So I ordered a bunch of his favorite Disney Cars so he could open an assortment of boxes. I just had a video of Christmas day so you just get to see a picture of Logan with the tree the day after-its the perfect Charlie Brown Christmas tree (we even took off the lights ba humbug).

Typically we leave town for Christmas but because this month was so crazy we figured to stay put. And we were glad we did. We spent Christmas Eve with Paul's dad and family, did our own thing Christmas morning, did Christmas lunch with my mom and mike and Christmas dinner with Paul's mom and family. So New Years resolution: I am going to start my preparations earlier next year-oh wait thats what I say every year.

5 comments:

meagan said...

First of all- great Chrismtas card. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see you soon.

Phipps Family said...

So cute. Lately Nikki has been asking for Ogan lately. I am assuming that is Logan. Wasn't that b-day party crazy with the cash prizes for 5 year olds?

The Reichmans said...

Okay, I think it would be a great idea to go together. i looked at Delta and found the same flights that you did. Do you want to leave the night of the 21st or the morning of the 22nd and we are staying through the 24th right? Just let me know so we can book them together-anne

megan said...

Cute pics!! I love the tree!

meagan said...

I loved your Christmas card too- very clever, as always:) Congrats!!! Can't wait to see you.