August 21, 2009

Temple Dedication


My mom got tickets to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication (of course...she gets tickets to everything!) and I was the lucky one who got to go with her-Skyler waited outside. We sat in one of the endowment rooms to watch it being broad casted from the Celestial room.



The talks were amazing and once the Dedicatory Prayer begun the Spirit was so strong. I'm so grateful I was able to be there! It was even President Monson's 82nd birthday.



After the service was over we waited in our room to leave, the Prophet and other speakers were leaving first. As I waited by the door a man popped his head in our room and I was so shocked it was President Monson the Prophet of the Lord right in front of me! I was giddy like a little kid-the usher asked the children to come up and none of them did so I went ahead and shook his hand and the only words I could think of was "Happy Birthday" I was still in shock. Dieter Uchdorf and a few others were also with him. He was the happiest cutest man ever! It will be a day I never forget.


I already love this Temple so much! I was able to volunteer as physical facilities and help restock bathrooms and keep everything clean inside and out during the Open House. I was able to clean and vacuum inside the Temple-3 days before the Temple dedication with a few friends. And our crane company was able to replace the Angel Moroni with a clean new one.

I am so encouraged to double my efforts in my Temple Attendance as the brethren have said-The Oquirrh Temple is such a blessing!

No comments: